“The Enneagram is a powerful and dynamic personality system that describes nine distinct and fundamentally different patterns of thinking, feeling and acting.”
The Essential Enneagram, David Daniels
Are you interested in learning more about yourself? Perhaps, you want to understand why you do the things you do. In this Introduction to the Enneagram you will learn about: How the Enneagram is a powerful and dynamic personality system that can help us enhance our self-knowledge; and learn how to evolve ourselves to create more positive changes. I am delighted to be able to offer you a way into discovering your own type.
What is the Enneagram?
The Enneagram, as a symbol, has been around for a very long time and carries ancient wisdom teachings. The Enneagram symbol offers 9 distinct paths to greater self-knowledge that can help each of us to become more self-aware on our hero’s journey as we continue to get to know and understand ourselves better.
- The Enneagram explains why we behave the way we do, by mapping out road blocks and challenges as well as it provides a set of specific instructions to follow to move through these stuck places.
What is the Enneagram?
If you are interested in learning more then I invite you to watch this Introduction to the Enneagram video.
From there if you are interested in figuring out what Enneagram type you might be I invite you to book a 90-minute Enneagram interview and assessment. During this zoom or phone session, I will ask you questions and interview you and help guide you as you move towards discovering which of the 9 Enneagram types you are.
- What are the benefits? What are the benefits of getting to know your specific Enneagram type?
- What to Expect Assessment Interview Session
What are the benefits?
As soon as you determine what Enneagram type you are, you will begin to have more access to yourself as you can begin to observe more consciously your patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. As you begin to observe yourself engaged in some of your type’s thoughts, emotions and actions you will also gain more insight about your type’s specific blind spots. We all have blind spots and each type has a specific focus of attention that draws them into certain patterns of behavior that can become consciously and unconsciously habitual. Learning to pivot out of these automatic patterns is possible and there is a brilliant road map within the Enneagram to help get you unstuck.
- When we start to become familiar with the characteristics of the 9 types we can start to understand more clearly that each person is viewing and responding to the world based on their personality type and subtype.
- By coming to know your Enneagram personality type you can become more aware of the habits of your personality that limit you, and can move towards freeing yourself from those habits. According to Chestnut Paes Enneagram Academy: “The Enneagram personality types are highly accurate descriptions of 9 distinct human operating systems based on specific coping strategies for navigating the world. And the patterns that grow out of them.”
What can I expect?
- The interview assessment process will be 60 – 90 minutes long.
- During a zoom or phone session, I will guide you through a question and answer process that will initially point to 3 possible types that you most resonate with.
- From there the goal is to help you discover which one of those 3 types reflects you most accurately.
- Once your enneagram type is discovered and if there is time we can then dive in deeper to figure out the possible subtype that is most dominate in your life.
- At this point if there is time, I would offer you some guidance about best possible next steps for further exploration and self-development.
- Then if you feel like going further we can discuss the possibility of me coaching you through some of the growth points associated with your specific type and subtype.
Enhance your understanding and awareness:
Once you come to know what Enneagram type you are, you can pivot towards learning more about yourself through your specific type’s profile. Each type has habitual ingrained patterns of behaving, thinking and feeling. The more conscious you become of these patterns the more you can uncover your blind spots. By coming to understand more fully what motivates you to do what you do and why you do what you do and how and why you react to things you can make different more conscious choices and connect more with your unique potential.